Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

bacon tempeh pigs in a banket


I first got turned on to "bacon" tempeh when I had my first vegan BLT at Moon and River Cafe in Schenectady, NY.

We're suckers for a crescent roll though and made these bacon tempeh pigs in a blanket one morning for breakfast.  

Bacon Tempeh Pigs in a Blanket
Serves 4
  • 1 package of crescent rolls
  • 1 package of "bacon" tempeh
  • 4 slices of vegan cheese split in half
  1. Pan fry the tempeh in a nonstick skillet for a few minutes on medium high heat to crisp it up 
  2. Divide the tempeh into 8 portions
  3. Roll an 1/8 of the tempeh and half a cheese slice in each cresent roll
  4. Bake according to the package instructions



1 comment:

  1. My fiance and I eat this exact thing all the time but with Field Roast Frankfurters instead of bacon....side of ketchup and steamed broccoli, what a yummy meal!!

    ReplyDelete