Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Craft Time - The Valentine Olympics!


I am a huge fan of the Olympics and am so excited to spend the next two weeks watching anything and everything Olympic related.  Bring on the curling!!!!  It's also a great excuse to try some new snack and appetizer recipes to munch on while we are hiding from the NYC winter outside and watching the games!  I wanted to decorate for Valentine's Day, but also have some Olympic flare as well, so I came up with these Olympic Ring pennant banners.  

I cut triangle "pennants" out of white paper and used toilet paper tubes dipped in paint to create the ring design on each triangle.  I used a metallic gold ribbon to string them together.  I hung some in the picture as shown and put a swag over our kitchen window as well.


As always, whenever decorating for the holidays I refer to the the one and only source for fun, easy, budget friendly crafts, my good friends The Crafty Lumberjacks.  I made this Valentine's "cherry blossom" vase arrangement inspired by their St Patty's Day clover piece.  Looking forward to making that one for next month too!

For the cherry blossoms I used a circle punch to cut out red and pink circles.  I placed two circles side by side without overlapping and stapled across the middle of them.  Bend the staple in half and thread floral wire through one of the "loops" of the staple.

I'm not a very big football fan, but was heading to a Super Bowl party with friends from college. I was trying to think of something to give us a fun activity to do in between the commercials and half time show, which is what I was watching, and crafted these fun photo booth props in the teams' colors from card stock.  So easy, cheap, and provided us with lots of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the shout out! The blog is looking great!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete