Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Buddy's Hotel Survival Smoothie



This year on tour I brought my immersion blender.  I've been experimenting with creating different power packed plant based smoothies to fuel me through our performances of ELF!  I've been looking for a super power packed combination and I think I've found a great mix of hemp seeds, nut butter, and chocolatey green goodness to start my day off right.

All you need are these ingredients, an immersion blender, a plastic mixing cup, and a spoon!

Serves 1

  • one banana
  • 1 cup of almond milk
  • 3 heaping spoonfuls of hemp seeds
  • 2 heaping spoonfuls of peaunut butter
  • 1 spoonful of Cacao Green Superfood powder (Amazing Greens)
  • 1 small cup of ice
  1. Blend the hemp seeds with 1/2 cup of the almond milk until it's a creamy consistency.
  2. Add the peanut butter, superfood mix, the banana (broken up into small pieces), and the remaining almond milk and blend until thoroughly mixed.
  3. Add the ice a little at a time until ice is blended through the mixture and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment