Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

leftover veggie burritos


I hate wasting fresh produce.  So when I've got some veggies I need to use up, I either throw them into the juicer or make a big skillet of sautéed veggies.  In this case I just added some southwest seasoning to spice things up and used just about a Tbs of coconut oil to cook the veggies.

Use whatever you have lying around here.  Here I did roasted red and yellow peppers, onions, and mushrooms.  David made homemade guacamole and I opted for the vegan cheese.  Try tofutti sour cream next time your having a mexican night.  It's thick, creamy, and tangy just like a milk based version, and an easy vegan swap you won't even miss.

Pair your fillings with a whole wheat tortilla and you've got a simple and easy meal and kept those veggies from going to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment